A very packed week started for the German capital (Berlin Fashion Week) yesterday with a start-up-event for women, organized by deutsche-startups.de: Echtzeit Weiblich. The networking event took place at BASEcamp Unter den Linden. From 7pm the lounge and shop – normally used to sell mobile phones – filled up with ambitious female founders, start-uppers, bloggers and entrepreneurship interested women.
Quite an interesting fact: the last Echtzeit-Event could have been called “Echtzeit Male” by its proportion of men : women. Whereas almost no women sign up for that event, the run to be part of yesterday’s evening was – as rumor had it – so big that not all interested women were invited. Don’t female founders have the heart to sign up for the normal Echtzeit event?
We awaited that evening full of excitement to meet new people but also to meet a few old friends and acquaintances. Luckily we were not disappointed because we found a very friendly atmosphere and the noise level seemed to indicate stimulated discussions (or a very bad acoustics of the room ;)). Perhaps a few agenda highlights or activites for networking would have helped the evening. Only a few brave ones really wandered from one group to the other to introduce themselves and their projects. Nevertheless you ended up next to a new face during the evening, surreptitiously looked on the name tag and asked about the company’s name!
Toni and I really enjoyed the evening, met a few new start-ups, which we want to tell you about very shortly.
- Berit mit http://www.modeopfer110.de/ – All information around Fashion (in German)!
- Lydia von http://storytude.com/ – The modern tour guide
- Anna von DaWanda und ihrem eigenen Blog http://annasterntaler.blogspot.com/ – DIY- und Dawanda-expert!
- Corinna mit http://www.modomoto.de/ – Ready to go outfits for men delivered to their home
- Sandra von http://www.linguatv.com/ – Learn languages
- Miriam von http://www.ratepay.com/ – Installment online
Maybe you’ll read about the one or the other in our first issue! We will announce our launch date very soon. The official announcement will take place during the blogger meeting at imm Cologne next Saturday. We are excited and we hope you are too ;)!!
Toni & Thea