Definitely the last recipe of our December Calendar today: a dessert wonderfully filling, both fresh because of the mango and luxurious because of the sponge cake. We’ve tried, tested and found it to be one of our season’s favourites!
And it looks just wonderful in the sparkling light of a sparkler. Don’t forget to pick some of these up on your shopping trip today or tomorrow. They just add the perfect glitter to the New Year’s Eve. We therefore filled our Product Guide with sparkling goodies today! We hope you have a great second-last day in 2011! Thank you for all the lovely comments on the pigs yesterday ;).
Yours, Thea & Toni
Mango Tiramisu with curd cheese
Original recipe from “Lust auf Genuss 5/2009″
- 2 mangos
- 1 vanilla bean
- juice and peel of 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp almond oil
- 6 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 400 g curd cheese (20% fat)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tbsp Macadamia nut syrup (or any other nut-flavoured syrup)
- 2 flat sponge cakes (self-made or ready-made)
- 2 stems basil
- Cut mango flesh into small cubes with a sharp knife. Open the vanilla bean and scrape out the pulp. Mix vanilla pulp, the scraped vanilla bean with mango cubes, lime juice and lemon peel, 2 tbsp almond oil and 4 tbsp chopped pistachios. Let stand for 15 minutes, so that flavours can mix. Remove vanilla bean.
- Mix curd cheese with remaining almond oil, honey and syrup. Cut out round shapes from sponge cake (a little smaller than your serving glasses are). Wash basil, dry and chop the leaves. Add to mango mixture.
- Layer sponge cake, mango salad and curd cheese in glasses. Cool for at least 2 hours. Garnish with the rest of pistachios and some basil leaves.