Guilded is not only the handle on the steamed up windows, but also the golden brown cake we dedicate to the German blogging movement “Sweets on Sunday”. That got extended from its usual Sunday date into the whole week until New Year.
Accordingly we want to provide another recipe to download – matching yesterday’s decoration. Perhaps you’ve already seen: the advent calendar got renamed into December Calendar and our sisterMAG Gift Guide is now called sisterMAG recommends.
The Sweet on this Tuesday is a family’s favourite, however changed with a winterly touch. Sugared slices have succeeded in putting smiles on guests’ faces for years. This year it wasn’t different. However it was especially welcomed because of its special flavours: cardamom, rum raisins and chopped almonds.
Winterly Sugared Slices
- 350 g flour
- 50 g soy flour
- 100 g sugar
- 80 g soft butter
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 dash salt
- 1 package vanilla sugar (~20 g)
- 150 ml milk
- ¾ cube fresh yeast (~30g)
- 1 little egg
- 100 g raisins
- few tbsp rum
- ~ 30 g butter flakes
- chopped almonds
- Mix flour and soy flour. Add 100 g sugar. Add cardamom, vanilla sugar and soft butter. Heat milk and stir in yeast. Mix under the dry ingredients. Add an egg and knead everything into a dough. Let rise for 2 hours at a warm place.
- In the meantime soak the raisins in rum.
- Roll raisins in flour and knead into the dough.
- Roll out dough and transfer onto a baking pan, covered with baking paper. Evenly spread little flakes of butter onto the dough.
Sprinkle with sugar and chopped almonds. Bake for 20 minutes (circulating air) at 180°C/360°F.